re-entering well at wumc
Our Re-Entering Well Task Force monitors COVID numbers and adjusts onsite practices to ensure continued safe and meaningful worship at Westminster UMC.
We anticipate the life of the church to continue to be shaped, at least in part, by COVID-19 through 2021. We will be evaluating what worship, preschool, and overall building usage will look like for as long as necessary, while continuing to do our part as a faith community to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to care for each other and the community. This may be a long process of opening, closing, evaluating, and re-evaluating.
we RETURNED to onsite worship, service at 10am
GUIDELINES - BUILDING ACCESS AND MASKING ON THE CHURCH CAMPUS
- If you are experiencing a fever, cough or any other symptoms of illness, stay home.
- Virtual worship, meetings, fellowship and education will continue to be offered for anyone who prefers to continue staying at home.
- Fully vaccinated = mask optional (not required) | Not fully vaccinated = mask required.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all entry points and in strategic places throughout the open section of the building.
- Only two entry-points will be unlocked for access to the building on Sunday mornings: the main front entrance and the entrance to the chapel. The chapel entrance should only be used by those with mobility issues. Trained greeters will be located at each entry to guide people to the sanctuary.
- There will be signage and barriers throughout the building limiting access. Access will be restricted to the sanctuary, the Narthex, the elevator, the stairwell bathrooms located as you exit the doors at the front of the sanctuary on the left, and adjacent hallways.
- Parts of worship that typically include contact, such as passing of the peace, communion, and the offering, will be reimagined to be cautious yet meaningful.
- We hope to soon phase-in a fellowship/beverage time before or after the service.
- A process will be in place to sanitize the open section of the building following worship each week.
GUIDELINES - ONGOING LIFE OF THE CHURCH
- VBS is postponed until 2022.
- Mission and ongoing service opportunities will remain local and follow CDC and state guidelines until it is determined safe to consider other options.
- In the event we learn that someone in our congregation tests positive for COVID-19 and was in the church building, we will follow guidelines for informing public health entities.
re-entering well resources at the bwc-umc
Please click the header of each box to view these resources from the BWC-UMC. Each resource is scrollable in our viewer or accessible directly from the source by clicking the page graphic.
Our Re-Entering Well Team at Westminster UMC is following these guidelines and tailoring our opening for a safe and meaningful worship experience for all.
We are in this together ... and together, we will keep each other safe.